- The 820 square foot Guest House suite has one bedroom and sleeps two comfortably.
- The main guest bedroom has a queen sized bed, private bath with twin sinks, bathtub and shower, walk-in closet, living room and kitchen.
- The second guest bedroom has a double bed, private bath with toilet, sink and bathtub. Both bedrooms have access to the guest living room and kitchen.
- The living room has a private entrance, dining area, Stereo with CD player, and Satellite TV (Direct TV).
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access.
- The kitchen includes microwave, toaster, stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, pots, pans, china and flatware.
- There is a futon and an air mattress available which can be set up in either the guest bedroom or the living room for additional guests
- Central air conditioning through out the entire house (if you want it)
Enjoy relaxing in the privacy and quiet of the Elam House. Videos, books and magazines on the life of Frank Lloyd Wright and his designs will be available for your perusal. Surf the internet while enjoying a cup of tea or coffee near the fantastic floor to ceiling fireplace.
Play a board game or watch a movie on Direct TV or from our collection of classic videos or videos on Frank Lloyd Wright.
Although no food is served, coffee and tea are available and guests can cook their own meals in the guest house kitchenette. The kitchen includes microwave, toaster, stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, pots, pans, china and flatware. With the exception of the refrigerator, dishwasher and stove, everything is original. If you don’t feel like cooking, enjoy dining at one of Austin’s fine restaurants. We provide a list of all of Austin’s restaurants and grocery stores on this website (“Links”) and in our guest instruction book.
Meals can be eaten in the guest dining area.
The guest bedroom has a queen size bed, private bathroom and walk-in closet. With 7 swing out windows incorporating Pella Roll up screens, Frank Lloyd Wright brings the outdoors inside very nicely in this room.
Private in-suite bathroom includes complementary bottled water, shower, bathtub, 2 sinks and toilet.
The second bedroom includes a double bed, private bathroom with sink, toilet and bathtub.
Maid service is generally not available. However, if you are staying longer than 3 days, maid service can be arranged for $75.00. The bedroom contains extra towels, linens, blankets and pillows.
Some of the original plans of the Elam house will be on display in the Gallery along with news clips of Frank Lloyd Wright.
A pocket door separates the rental area from the residence area of the house.
Tours of the main part of the house are only available to our rental guests and will take place from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Times may vary on Friday and Sunday so please check with Peter Plunkett to confirm the time of your tour.
For those with an interest in skating, we set up a 35′ X 60′ ice skating rink in the back yard each winter. It’s a great way to enjoy viewing the outside of the house!
If you have an interest in Amateur (Ham) Radio, we have a 70 foot antenna tower with a 13 element VHF vertical beam at 80 feet, a 5 element 10 meter beam at 75 feet and a Cushcraft A3S with 40 meter add on kit at 72 feet and an 80 meter inverted V dipole at 60 feet. The station is located in a separate room off the utility room and consists of a Kenwood TS-940s and TL-922A amplifier. We will welcome guest operators.
The Guest House is open year round and to make a reservation, download the registration form and follow the instructions.
Contact Peter Plunkett if you have any questions: